Friday, April 24, 2009

More Difficult Words to Write

I learned last night that a dear friend of mine, Lyn Rossi, passed away. Lyn was a Woman of Teal.

I have begun this entry a few times but can't seem to find the right words.
I am sad for Lyn's husband, two children, sister, brother-in-law, nephews and mother because Lyn was such a special caring woman. This might seem selfishly but I am sad for myself - I will miss Lyn. Lyn's family and ours go back to the days when our son's were in elementary school together- they are now 23 . Back in those days Lyn was every teacher's dream class mother. She was creative and helpful and boy could she cook. She made the best crumb cake. She could have a show on the food network.

On days when I had teacher meetings my kids would spend time with Lyn and her children. Of course, first priority after a snack was finishing their school work. When the weather was warm they played in their pool or out in the yard and when it was too cold they were down in the basement.

There was always time for tea with Lyn. As a friend she was so easy to talk to. When my sister was ill and passed away she offered words of hope and consolation and prayer but mostly her friendship - which was worth its weight in gold.

While the boys were in High School Billy spent a few winter breaks on vacation with us in the Poconos. And along with the Linkin's, we adults stayed in touch even when the boys were off to different colleges.

Lyn and I were both diagnosed with OC disease - myself in the summer of 2005 and Lyn in the fall of 2007. We have walked the path through the surgeries, CT scans , chemos and follow-up visits. Lyn never complained - except maybe about her wig but we all do that!

I will miss my friend. May her family find peace and love. And may we find a way to stop this disease from affecting other women's families.

Livestrong
Dee
Every Day is a Blessing - even if a little bit of a blessing is missing.

1 comment:

Shopping Kharma said...

What a beautiful post. I am so sorry for the loss of your wonderful friend. The kind of woman I would have loved to have met. I wish you all the best in your fight. I am a 6 and half year survivor of stage IIIC.