- Use of oral contraceptive
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Bilateral tubal ligation (close the fallopian tubes) and hysterectomy( removal of the uterus)
- Prophylactic Oopherectomy (removal of both ovaries even if there is no sign of cancer) decreased a woman’s risk of ovarian cancer by 2/3rds.
- Diet : dietary recommendations are still uncertain with studies unable to confirm results. A healthy diet with vegetables is recommended. By eating a healthy diet you are also reducing your risk for other cancers and heart disease.
Monday, September 7, 2015
You Can Reduce Your Risk
Yesterday’s post listed what increased a woman’s risk of ovarian cancer. Now let’s look at the flip side and list what things can reduce your risk of ovarian cancer
Every Day is a Blessing!