Saturday, January 12, 2008

Kaleidoscope of Hope Foundation Board Meeting- Jan 8

This was a busy week. Tuesday night I traveled to Madison to attend my first Kaleidoscope of Hope Foundation Board meeting. I am honored to have been asked by KOH founder Lois Myers to be a member of the board of directors of the foundation.

KOH is an awesome organization of volunteers that raise funds for Ovarian Cancer research and awareness. Check them out at www.kohnj.org

In 2007 they supported research at NYU, Fox Chase, Hackensack Hospital and they supported a Fellowship in Gynecological Oncology at the Cancer Institute of NJ.

The meeting covered an large number of topics and everyone kept to the agenda - I was amazed at how much work got accomplished. Everyone is looking forward to the Spring Gala to be held at the Westin Gov Morris Inn in Morristown on April 5,2008. I will be looking for Kaleidoscopes to use as the award that is given out at the Gala. I didn't know how many different designs there were for kaleidoscopes or how expensive they could be. On the board ,I will concentrate on Advocacy Issues and Turn the Town Teal activities.

This is a great group and I look forward to a successfull year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, it looks to me like you are going to have a very very busy year. Good luck!