Friday, October 5, 2012

Making Memories

I love making memories. I am not talking about Kodak moments, special vacations or occasions. I feel that the time I have been given since my diagnosis is precious so making memories for me is simply  spending time with my family and friends.

When my daughter asked me to visit her in Kansas when her husband was busy traveling for work I jumped at the opportunity.  Did I have enough frequent flyer points to make a trip? Earlier this year, American Airlines applied extra points to my frequent flyer account after I experienced 2 delays (totally over 8 hours) in one day. That was a long day and I appreciate that AA gave me the points for my inconvenience. I checked my account and I was thrilled to see that  I had collected enough points over the past few years to book a flight. So off I went last week.

Spending time with my daughter and grandson was wonderful. On Saturday we went to a pumpkin patch outside of Topeka and then visited Wamego for OZfest. Wamego is the home of the Oz Museum. If you love the Wizard of Oz , both the movie and book, this is the place to visit.

The rest of the time we spent at home. That was not a problem for me because I was making memories with my grandson. He loved the rocking horse he got for his first birthday. It played two different tunes depending which ear you pushed. So he sat and rocked and I sang along."Ride'm Ride'm Cowboy....." 

He and I had fun playing with a drum and assorted musical instruments that his dad had when he was a child. He crawled around, stood up and took many steps while holding on to furniture and his pug dogs.  He loved pushing things around. Boxes of food, his box of toys, and  his John Deere rider toy, got pushed from one room to the next.   I was so happy that Terry's schedule required me to babysit on more than one occasion. I loved it.

One day I took my grandson for a long walk around the neighbor hood and saw these beautiful wild sunflowers.


I feel very blessed that I have had the time to make memories. 


Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!

No comments: