Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hershey Chocolate Syrup and my Cancer Zone

Today I had yet another CT scan.It has been 7 months since my last one but since my CA-125 has risen  to a number higher than it was when I recurred back in 2008 my gyn-onc and I decided to check things out.  Of course it waited until after I did what I call my Fall Road Trip.

The Trip included a stop to see my son in Alabama where he is a graduate student working on his PhD. Then we were off to Florida for  a week at Disney World. The Epcot Food and Wine Festival was taking place so I got a chance to eat food from many different places-  Singapore, Australia, Greece , New Zealand and Poland. I also tasted a special Sam Adams brew which was a chocolate bock. We met up with a long time friend of my daughter who happened to be in Florida visiting her dad. And on the way back to New Jersey stopped in North Carolina to visit my husband's brother and his wife.

Since being diagnosed I have felt that instead of buying things I would rather have experiences  and share my time with family and friends. This Fall Road Trip was just that.

Last night though I re-entered the cancer zone.

I had picked up my drinks at the radiology office not far from my home before we left on our trip. It is a branch of the office I used to go to in Metuchen. But this would be the first time I would see them for a CT scan. They only had the plain  EZ-CAT drink .  I prefer to call it Yucky flavor. The receptionist told me something I had not heard these past 7 years. I had heard I could add Crystal Lite to the bottle but she told me I could add Hershey's Chocolate syrup to the drink to help it go down easier. So last night around 8pm I opened the drink bottle and added a good portion of Hershey's syrup. Well, what do you know? It tasted pretty darn good. And I drank it down.

I got up this morning and had to drink the second bottle. So once again I squeezed in some Hershey's. I'm not a big chocolate person in the morning but it sure made the whole process easier.

The CT went smoothly. The nurse at the office, Dawn , found a vein for the IV quickly and painlessly. I think drinking lots of water yesterday helped. I held my breath when the machine instructed and said a little prayer as the machine took it's images.

Now it is just a matter of waiting to see for my doctor to tell me the results.  Guess I will be in the cancer zone a little while longer.

Every Day is a Blessing!

1 comment:

Servivorgirl said...

I will be thinking of you and sending prayers your way. Peace....