Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thankful Thursdays- Quest Diagnostic Phlebotomists

photo from Wikipedia

I was heading toward the Quest Diagnostic Center this morning in some heavy rain. I turned on the radio and the announcer on the radio station ( 99.1FM) reminded her listeners that it was Thankful Thursday and to call in or post on Facebook what they are thankful for. She said of course we should be thankful that the rain we were having was not snow and thankful because we needed the rain.

I didn't have an appointment for my blood test but it took no more than 10 minutes to update my info and head into the blood draw room. After a quick hello I mentioned to the phlebotomist that I have very bad veins but that I tried to drink more water yesterday to plump them. I mentioned that most times a butterfly needle is used. She smiled and said"Lets see what we have here" . She gently tapped the visible veins on my left arm - where they usually can find a suitable candidate for puncture. Then said "Lets try your right?" No one has been able to find a vein in my right arm for almost 4 years now. But I told her sure give it a shot. She found a vein, picked up the butterfly needle and said "This will pinch a little." BINGO she got right in with blood flow and filled the vial in no time. Out came the needle . On came the gauze and paper tape and I was done. I told her she got an A+ in drawing blood.

So on this Thankful Thursday I am thankful for the excellent phlebotomists at Quest Diagnostics in Jamesburg, NJ!

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!

No comments: