- Estimated new cases of cancer of the ovary in 2012: 22,280
- Estimated deaths - cancer of the ovary : 15,500
- Estimated deaths - cancer of the ovary in New Jersey: 490
- Cancer of the Ovary is the 5th leading cause of death in women .
- In 2008 deaths caused by cancer of the ovary for all ages of woomen: 14,362
- For women 40-59 years of age cancer of the ovary ranked 4th (2008) behind breast,lung and colorectal
- In women 60-79 years of age cancer of the ovary was the 5th (2008) leading cause of death
- 5 Year relative survival rate ( 2001-2007) for ovarian cancer:
- Data shows that 43% of women diagnosed with ovarian cancer were distant , while 16% were regional and 14% were localized.