Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Memorable Christmas time

My grandson's first Christmas.
Spending the holiday weekend with my son, daughter, son-in-law, grandson and husband in a place that actually had snow on the ground.( I love snow!)
Getting the chance to see my niece, her husband and watching my great nephew D open his gift.
Well LIFE doesn't get much better than that.


So there is the explanation for my absence. We were too busy cooking , watching "White Christmas" and "It's a Wonderful Life" , playing Rummicube, and just spending time with each other. Actually, I didn't think much about cancer. Except on Christmas Eve. We had just come home from Christmas vigil mass. I sat and watched as Matt and Terry worked in the kitchen putting together the traditional 7 fish Italian Christmas Eve meal. Andy and Nick were chatting about which wine to serve with dinner and JT was asleep. I suddenly had the urge to cry, not from sadness but from gratitude to have the opportunity to spend another Christmas with my family.

I am truly blessed.

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!

No comments: