Thursday, December 29, 2011

4 Years of Blogging -

Four years ago today I started this blog. I had no idea when I started this blog that it would reach more people than my family and friends and some fellow ovarian cancer survivors in New Jersey.

Thanks to the statistics the Blogger software started keeping in May 2009, I know that my blog has reached far from the Garden State. I have also been read in Germany, Great Britain, Russia, Canada, South Korea, France , the Netherlands, Iran and Australia and I have between 1,500 and 2,200 page views a month. My most popular posts have been about the HE4 blood test, weather and test anxiety and chemotherapy drug shortages. It appears that my page view numbers have increased since I began writing more consistently about Ovarian cancer research news. Or maybe the recent jump in readership may be to my new @womenofteal twitter account. With every new post I write I supply a link to the blog. My plan in the year ahead is to keep writing about research news and to provide links to abstracts and journal articles.I guess four years later I can officially call myself a blog writer.

I thank all you for being here the past year as I have shared my personal ups and downs. Writing about the passing of my dear Aunt Dora and Uncle Bruno helped to ease the pain and heartache I felt. I also appreciate the opportunity to write about and honor women I knew (Monica, Jeanne, Jo, Gaynor, Sarah, Patty, Janet, Jayne, Ellen, Courtney) who lost their lives to ovarian cancer.

I also appreciate the opportunity to share the good news- attending ASCO, travels around the country and especially the birth of my grandson ,John, in September. What a blessing he is in my life.

I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog as much as I enjoyed writing it. I look forward to writing for you in 2012.

I wish you all a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!