Friday, April 9, 2010

A Weekend of Ovarian Cancer Foundation Activities

Busy weekend ahead.
Team JLO:
Tonight, I will be getting together with Team JLO which raises funds for the Sandy Rollman Ovarian Cancer Foundation. Team JLO is named in honor of my friend, Janice Lopez who passed away last September after an almost four year battle with the disease. Her sons continue the team in her honor . Nick and I have joined with the Lopez family to help raise awareness of OC by hanging teal ribbons in Edison in September,Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month .

Team JLO is holding their 4th Teal Night for Life tonight beginning at 5pm at the Olive Branch Restaurant in New Brunswick, NJ. There is no cover charge but donations are welcome. So come out for good food, good drink and great company. Oh, I almost forgot there are some pretty awesome prizes. So look for me tonight- I'll be wearing teal.


Kaleidoscope of Hope Foundation:
Saturday night I continue my OC activities. Nick and I will be attending the Kaleidoscope of Hope Foundation's Annual Spring Gala. The Gala will once again take place at the Westin Governor Morris in Morristown, NJ. I can't wait to get together with the other Board Members and our supporters to celebrate a year of fundraising. We will be awarding this year's research grants to researchers from the University of Pennsylvania and the University of Alabama. We will also present our Founders Award to my Avon walk friends Janice, Kathy and Mariclaire- "The Jersey Shore Girls". There will be live and silent auctions and the night's MC will be Gary Fisch , owner of Gary's Wines and also known as the "Wine Guy" from the Food Networks "Hot Off the Grill".
There is a surprise too that we've been working feverishly on over the past few weeks. It should be a fantastic night!

Dee
Everyday is a Blessing!

No comments: