Monday, September 7, 2009

An Incredible Woman of Teal


Janice and I met three years ago turning Edison teal. ( We were both diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2005.) Since then we got together at the Olive Branch to raise funds for her Team JLO and the Sandy Rollman Foundation. We messaged each other on Facebook about hair and side effects of our chemos and the torment of waiting for those scan results. During our chemos this spring, Janice would always leave a message on my wall before I had chemo to say" good luck". We prayed for each other. This year she was in the hospital and unable to join in our annual ribbon hanging but her sons and their wives, an aunt, cousin and friends were there . Last night before going to bed around 12:30am I noticed a missed call on my cell from her son. I was hoping beyond hope that he was calling to set up a time when I could give Janice the Edison proclamation. But that was not the case.

Janice passed away yesterday afternoon. Janice was a wonderful wife , mother, grandmother and friend. She had this great smile and I envied her earring collection. Janice knew how to enjoy life. She delighted in every one of her children and grandchildren. Back in April we agreed that in 2010 we would both be walking together in Fairmount Park with Team JLO. I can't even describe how sad I feel about not being able to plan for that time together.

I was blessed to have Janice in my life.


Dee
Every Day is a Blessing! I have been blessed by the Lopez family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss. God give you and your friends' family strength. Meghan