Friday, December 5, 2008

Operation Bling- A new NJ non-profit with a wonderful mission

On Wednesday two friends, Lynn and Lynn, from the northern NJ NOCC stopped by for a visit. I was thrilled to see them and so moved by a gift they brought me - a beautiful necklace from Operation Bling Foundation .

Operation Bling was founded by Chris Ferdinand, owner of Ferdinand Jewelers in New Providence, NJ. Chris's mom had passed away from ovarian cancer in 1991 and this past February her friend Barbara was also battling the disease. Barbara confided in Chris how she missed wearing her "Bling" to the hospital and/or treatments. Chris ordered sterling silver and cubic zirconium rings for Barbara and delivered them to her in the hospital. Chris felt that if the "bling" gave so much joy to Barbara imagine what it could do for other women on the oncology floor.

In March 2008 Operation Bling Foundation became a NJ non-profit with a mission to bring "Bling" to in-patient and out-patient oncology patients at local hospitals. Right now the group delivers Bling to patients at Overlook Hospital in Summit, NJ and Morristown Memorial Hospital in Morristown, NJ. The Foundation hopes to expand to other hospitals in NJ and eventually nationwide. There are rings, bracelets , necklaces and earrings that individuals may purchase to bring to their friends/ family that are being treated at other hospitals. Every gift comes in a gift box with the poem- What Cancer Cannot Do.

Please take some time to check out their website and make a donation or tell your family and friends about their mission and purchase some bling for someone in treatment. For further information please contact Christ Ferdinand at 1-877-BLING-03. ( 6 South Street, New Providence , NJ)

LIVESTRONG
Dee
Every Day is a Blessing

PS A special thanks to Lynn , Lynn and all the northern NJ NOCC members who have kept me in their thoughts and prayers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dee,
Thank you very much for your very kind words regarding our new not-for-profit, the Operation Bling Foundation! I googled Operation Bling just to see what would happen and your blog came up! You warmed my heart beyond belief! Thank you! Your friends, Lynn and Lynn, are too wonderful! What a gift they are! Operation Bling continues to move ahead at amazing grace speed! It is so heartwarming to make people smile! We are giving them a Cinderella moment in the middle of their nightmare. Our mission of giving slparkling jewels to cancer patients during their hospital stay, bringing them cheer and pleasure is certainly being accomplished!
Much love,
Chris Ferdinand

Anonymous said...

Dee, I forgot to tell you that I took the liberty of putting you onto Operation Bling's prayer list on our web site when I had first read your blog. I have many different churches and prayer groups praying for our recipients, their families and their friends. You are also on my own personal daily prayer list. I honestly have my own quiet time before the rest of my household wakes up when I pray for everyone on my list and Operation Bling's list! Operation Bling was given to me in prayer and prayer is what I give to its recipients.......along with very pretty "Blingy" jewelry and lots of smiles!
Much love, Chris Ferdinand