Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Beginning a Few Days Late

Hello 2011! I hope the start to everyone's year has been good so far. Mine certainly has.

I know I should have written an entry sooner but "Writing on my blog more frequently" was one of 2010 's New Year resolutions. So what are my resolutions this year? Well, I don't have any. This is probably the first time ever I haven't had any resolutions to break. Does that mean I don't have any area's that need improvement ? Nope , I am just pretty content with where I am in life right now. Sure my primary care doctor would probably say that I should go on a weight loss program of some sort to help with my high blood pressure. And my gyn-onc and friends would probably say I should be out there walking more. Nick would probably say I should cook at home more. Terry and Andy would probably say I should visit more and Matt would say I should bug him a little less about calling. Ok everyone, I hear you all. I'll try in all areas but without a New Year's resolution list.

I've been thinking about why I have begun to think this way. Is it because I am a bit older? Is it because I survived cancer and a recurrence. I really don't know. Honestly , back in 2005 I did not think I would celebrate the beginning of 2006 and here I have celebrated the beginning of 2011. I do know that being a cancer survivor has changed how I look at things and do things. Some family and friends would say that has been a good thing. Some would say I have become way too opinionated for them. But that is who I am in 2011.

So without resolutions , what do I look forward to in the year ahead? I want to spend time with those I love. I don't really care what it is we do as long as we do it together.

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!




1 comment:

Levi said...

I vote for your kind of resolution any day. I prefer the ones we make moment by moment.