Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Fun Coastal Jersey Parrot Head Fundraiser

This afternoon, Nick and I drove down to Doolan's in Spring Lake, NJ for the Coastal Jersey Parrot Head "Colors of Cancer " Feeding Frenzy. My friend and fellow survivor Pam is Secretary of this Club. In addition to being Jimmy Buffet fans the Parrot Heads support non-profit organizations in their community. Today's event was benefiting the Cancer Institute of NJ (CINJ). Last year the Parrot Heads raised $7,500 for CINJ.

What a fun event! We sat a Pam's table with my friends and fellow survivors from CINJ's gynecological cancer support group. One of my doctors and our social worker joined us. They had a DJ plus a wonderful band, Jimmy and the Parrots, a face painter and good food. There was a silent auction & a live auction. Nick and I were won the framed Giants autographed poster.

A cartoon in the program read"Cancer took my ovaries and chemo took my hair but I'm alive that's all that counts, I'm bald and I don't care!"
How true!

Thanks Pam and all the Parrot Heads for your support of the researchers of CINJ.

Livestrong

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!

No comments: