I spent lots of fun times with family and friends. But there were some more challenging times too. My husband had some health issues and a surgery and I dealt with a knee injury, neuropathy and chemobrain. I also said farewell to three women who I met through an ovarian cancer support group and the Graceful Hope Foundation - Jeanne, Linda and Corinne. I know this sounds corny but I do feel blessed to have lived another year.
For the past few years my first post of the new year includes a list my aspirations for the coming year. Resolutions are so 2010. I looked back at the aspirations I made at the beginning of this year. It seems like most of the things I looked forward to doing last year (in italics) are what I still want to do this year so I'll repost the list and add some new items.
- Continue to visit my children and grandchildren(Visiting my grandsons will be more difficult after they move overseas in May.)
- Visit India
- Continue to advocate for ovarian cancer patients and research through this blog and the #gyncsm community
- Learn more about non-profit management and social media
- Apply to attend the Biennial Survivorship conference and ASCO annual meeting
- Help my dog, Amber, achieve her Excellent title in Standard Agility ( Amber did get her AKC Excellent title in Jumps with Weaves)
- Register Amber for UKI agility
- Continue to increase my physical activity and flexibility so that I can be a better dog handler and improve my health
- Continue to paint (Would love to try my hand at trompe l'oeil and pieces of furniture)
- Visit the state of Maine
- Take an online course - maybe art history, public health or theology
Every Day is a Blessing!