Wednesday, June 3, 2015

ASCO 2015 - Connections and Knowledge

Last night I returned home from attending the ASCO Annual Meeting in Chicago. The theme of the 2015 meeting was Illumination and Innovation. As a patient advocate who attended the largest oncology meeting in the world ( 30,000+ people) my theme for the meeting would be Connections and Knowledge.

Over the next week or so I will write a series of posts about my experience and the knowledge I learned. The topics will be:

Connections: 
Patient Advocates and Physicians
Hashtag Communities

Knowledge: 
Genomics
Immunotherapy
Big Data (CancerLINQ)
Value / Cost of treatments
Clinical Trials (Patient Reported Outcomes)
Survivorship

Please be patient as I gather the enormous amount of information I heard and posters I saw over the five days of the meeting and condense it into a reasonable length post. This will not be an easy task but an important one because what I heard gave me hope.

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!


1 comment:

Susan said...

Looking forward to reading your summary. Thanks for your hard work.