Thursday, July 11, 2013

Of Quilts and Teal

Over a year ago I discovered the blog "Wanna Walk Along" written by ovarian cancer survivor, Judy Peterson. I loved reading her blog because in her posts she shared her faith, her journey with ovarian cancer and her love of quilts. We never met in person.She lived in Iowa and I in NJ. But we had a lot in common and I enjoyed following her posts.

I received an e-mail just the other day letting me know that Judy had passed away on June 23, 2013. Here is a link to her obituary :http://www.rushfamilycareservice.com/obituaries.aspx?turl=http://hosting-24653.tributes.com/show/judy-e.-peterson-96027527

It saddened me to read that another talented women ( wife, mother, sister, aunt, friend)  lost her life due to ovarian cancer.

Here is a quote from her blog.
"I'm not certain how you define survivor except that I live each day joyfully. That seems a good way to survive "

Thank you Judy for sharing your joy with others. I will miss reading your blog.


Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!

No comments: