Thursday, October 27, 2011

Reading Between the Lines- My Upcoming Presentation

Survivors and Caregivers are cordially invited to:

"Reading Between the Lines: What Does Cancer Research Mean for You?"
Cure For Cancer Found - News at 11!
What do the cancer research soundbites that you hear on the evening news mean for you? Learn how to read and interpret cancer research results from posters to journal articles . Find out which Websites are reputable sources of cancer research information.

November 8, 2011
1:15pm-2:15pm
Cancer Support Community Central New Jersey (Formerly the Wellness Community)
3 Crossroads Drive, Bedminster NJ, 07921
Call 908-658-5400 to register.


I am so happy to be having the opportunity to share with other survivors and caregivers what I learned about cancer research as a Research Advocacy Network Focus on Research Scholar. Using examples from the media I will discuss what every survivor and caregiver should ask themselves when they hear the latest cancer research news on TV or read about it online. I will also talk about clinical trials and the differences between experimental and observational studies. Attendees will be able to take home a list of sites on the internet that offer reliable information about cancer research.

I hope to see some of my followers on that Tuesday.

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing

3 comments:

Servivorgirl said...

Wow! Wish I were there! You will be fabulous.....what a valuable resource and opportunity for the attendees. Let us know how it goes.....Denise

Pam F said...

Dee - what great work you are doing! Can't make it, but will be on your shoulder cheering you on! PAM - PF

Dee said...

I know I can always count on you Pam.
Servivorgirl , Thanks for your support- I'll be posting some of what I talk about as blog posts after the talk.