Tuesday, February 15, 2011

One Less Thing Thing to Do


The Westminster Kennel Club Show has been on my bucket list for years. And yesterday I crossed it off my list. I went to the show to watch my niece's Viszla compete. Thanks McCoy!


McCoy is with Debbie (dressed in blue) his breeder/Handler

Nick and I took the train into New York City and meet up with my niece, her husband, her infant son and her in-laws at Madison Square Garden. Then we took up seating outside Ring # 5 along with my nephew, brother-in-law , cousin and many family friends. McCoy was competing in the Viszla Breed competition at 10 am. Isn't McCoy a handsome dog?

After watching the end of the German Shorthaired pointer group ,all 45 Vislas entered the ring. The judge split the group into threes. Two groups of male dogs and a group of females. Debbie, McCoy's breeder and handler, walked him off to wait his turn. After judging the first group of males and picking out a handful of dogs , the judge called for the second group. In walked McCoy. We were all so excited. We cheered as he strutted his stuff and as the judge examined him. One last walk around the ring by the dogs in the group and the judge started pointing out the dogs who would continue. We were thrilled that he chose McCoy. Hurrah ! He is still in the running. Then the judge brought in the females - from which he picked the top bitches.

About and hour later all the dogs who made the cut - I think there were 10 in all- were in the ring. The judge spent quite a while looking at McCoy. But sadly he was not chosen to compete in the Best-in-Group Sporting Dog competition. He sure was our top Viszla.

We spent some time walking through the bench area admiring many of the other top Terriers, Working and Sporting dogs in the country.

What an awesome day! I couldn't wait to come home to hug my puppy Amber. She is my top All-American dog.

Dee
Every Day us a Blessing. I am blessed to have had the love of many dogs throughout my life. My dogs Kris, Kona & Amber and my grandpuppies Murphy, Silvio and Walter.

No comments: