Thursday, September 30, 2010

What a Month!

What a month September 2010 has been.

TEAL was everywhere.
  • There were articles about Ovarian Cancer symptoms in the local newspaper & in national magazines.
  • There were interviews with survivors on national TV.
  • There were Teal Ribbons all over the state.
  • NOCC had a September Speaks program with a speaker talking about ovarian cancer each day of the month.
  • OCNA started the Teal Journal.
  • The House passed Johanna's Law . Now we are waiting on the Senate. Thanks Senator Lautenberg and Senator Menendez for co-sponsoring the bill in the Senate.

What a month September has been for me.
  • I spoke to the walkers at the Teal Wings of Hope Walk in Hamilton , NJ.
  • I helped hang Teal ribbons in Edison and at CINJ.
  • I walked to raise funds for The Cancer Institute of NJ in honor of my wonderful gynecological-oncologists.
  • This blog was mentioned in the Navigating Cancer Site Blog. ( More to come about this new, beneficial site.)
  • I helped register walkers at the Kaleidoscope of Hope Avon-by-the-Sea Walkathon.
  • I became the proud owner of a 100% all american mixed breed puppy. She is a cutie.

I can't wait to see what October brings- in addition to pink ribbons!

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing !


No comments: