Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Perfect Baby Boy!

It's a Boy! My niece and godchild, Alycia, gave birth to a 6 pound 2 ounce perfect baby boy, Declan Joseph.

He was born yesterday - September 8th which is the day the Catholic Church celebrates the birth of the Blessed Mother. My Aunt Dora was so happy that Alycia was having her baby on the eighth. Aunt Dora prays daily to the Blessed Mother and she is sure that Mary made sure that both Alycia and baby Declan were OK.

I am thrilled to be a great aunt- even if that term makes me seem very , very old. I can't wait to meet Declan in person. Just thinking about him makes me smile. And I know my sister Roberta is smiling down on Alycia, Kevin and Declan.

Congratulations Alycia and Kevin!

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing ! And my life just got a special blessing on Sept 8th.

No comments: