Friday, January 1, 2010

Twenty - Ten .....Beginning this Blog's Third Year

It is hard to believe that this post marks the beginning of 2010 and the beginning of the third year of writing this "Women of Teal" blog. Through my posts I have connected with wonderful people from all over the world who are ovarian cancer survivors, caregivers or health care providers.

During the past few years the awareness of ovarian cancer symptoms has increased and more women are sharing their stories and supporting one another. I am positive that activities to raise funds for research and awareness by groups such as the Kaleidoscope of Hope Foundation, The Sandy Rollman Foundation, northern NJ NOCC , Ovarian Cancer 411, & Meghan's Message have saved lives of women in NJ. We have more work to do on an early detection test but we have made progress.

As I wrote on my facebook page:
Good bye 2009- Thanks again to my friends and family for all your support from January to April while I was in chemo. Thanks too for being part of the travels of Nick and Dee from May to December. From the Flint Hills of Kansas to Denali National Park, from the Shrine of St Jude to the Candlelight Processional, the memories we made were wonderful. Every Day is a Blessing! Here's to an even better 2010!
( July of 2010 will mark the 5th anniversary of my initial diagnosis and I can't wait to celebrate!)


LiveSTRONG
Dee

No comments: