Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Good Man

Charlie was a good man.
Charlie was a good husband to Annette.
Charlie was a good father to his children John, Steven and Kathy.
Charlie was a good grandfather to Elizabeth, Michael, Jennifer,Benjamin and Caleb.
Charlie was a good teacher in the Chatham school district.
Charlie was a good Boy Scout leader.
Charlie was my good cousin.

Today I attended the funeral of my cousin Charlie. In January of this year, he was diagnosed with a brain tumor. On Friday August 8,2008 he succumbed to complications of his illness. At his funeral mass the priest said Charlie lived from the inside out. He always had a smile on his face and happily gave his time and talents to his family, friends and church.

When I think of what it means to LiveSTRONG, I think of Charlie.
He will be missed.

Sadly

Dee

2 comments:

Brian Dowd said...

I am sorry to hear of your loss. We will fight for Charlie!

LIVESTRONG!

Henrike said...

So sorry to hear about your cousin, my condolences to you and your family.

Cancer sucks in so many ways that it sometimes makes it hard to move on....glad that Charlie's legacy will be an inspiration for you to continue with this fight.

I do appreciate your comment on my blog- thanks for being there whenever I need some extra motivation.
Hugs, Henrike.