Saturday, May 3, 2008

Awesome News

As most of you know I am a regular participant in the Central NJ -Wellness Community . I feel so comfortable when I enter that white building in Bedminster - it feels like home. I walk in the kitchen and make myself some tea, read the bulletin board for news and sit in the "living room" and chat with other survivors. I've attended the Gynecological Networking Group for 2 years now and I am a regular at the Book Club discussions. I have spoken to Ellen Levine, the Program Director, about the needs of cancer survivors and she has given me invaluable advice 0n how to put my LAF personal action plan into place. For the past two years, I attended the celebrations they had for National Cancer Survivors Day. That was where I learned how to drum.

Eunice Jadlocki, Executive Director and Ellen asked to speak to me and they told me that this year at National Cancer Survivors Day on June 1st (12:30 pm - 3:30 pm) they are presenting an award called the "Spirit of Courage Award". The awesome part is that they would like to present it to me! I am honored and thrilled to even be considered for this award since I have walked this road with so many other incredibly courageous survivors. I am still getting used to this totally unexpected honor. "WOW" about sums it up for me.

Thank you Wellness Community for touching the lives of so many cancer survivors.

LiveStrong !

Dee

2 comments:

Henrike said...

Congratulations. This is so awesome, but after reading your blog during the last couple of days, I know you deserve it. You're a great inspiration- thanks for sharing your story and experiences!
Henrike.

Brian Dowd said...

Dee - Congratulations! This could not happen to a more deserving person.