Thursday, December 30, 2021

Blogging for 14 years

 

I-Stock graphic

 

 It seems like only yesterday when I wrote, 

"Today I took the plunge and decided to make this blog. I guess you could say it is an early New Year's resolution. In addition to sharing my thoughts on this journey, I will post links and information relevant to women diagnosed with ovarian cancer in New Jersey."

It was December 30, 2007, fourteen years ago.

This year as in 2020 meetings and conferences were virtual so many of my posts dealt with what I learned in those virtual meetings. I admit I miss meeting in person the researchers, gynecologic oncologists and advocates I respect and admire. I hope as more people are vaccinated and boosted and omicron lessens we can go back to meeting face to face.

When I looked at my stats for this year, I found my blog was viewed 33,000 times in 2021. My top five most viewed posts in 2021 include:


As I look back,  I see that during certain years,  I wrote more frequently than at other times. It seems as my advocacy roles on Review Boards, Data Review Committees, Citizen Scientist Committees, presenting at meetings and moderating the #gyncsm Community with Christina grew, the number of blog posts dropped. I am not sure what 2022 will bring, but  I will continue to strive to stay true to that original statement as long as my followers find the information helpful.

I'll catch you in January with my aspirations for 2022 .
Stay Safe and Stay Well!

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!

2 comments:

Nancy's Point said...

Congratulations on this milestone, Dee! And thank you for the wisdom and caring support you've given to countless other cancer patients. Here's to many more years of blogging!

Dee said...

Thanks Nancy. I appreciate the support from a fellow blogger and cancer survivor.
Dee