Another year begins!
As we welcome 2019, I wish all my followers a very Happy and Health New Year!
If you are a regular follower you know that at the beginning of every year I don't make New Year Resolutions but rather aspirations. I tend not to feel too guilty if I don't quite get to do what I aspire to do, as you will see by the repeat aspirations below. But having concrete goals helps keep me focused.
Here are aspirations from 2018 that I will continue to work on this year.
- I aspire to continue to support women diagnosed with ovarian cancer through this blog and the #gyncsm community, to share my story as an ovarian cancer survivor and to promote ovarian cancer research. ( I am excited to be attending and speaking at the ASCO Annual Meeting in June this year. More details soon.)
- I aspire to travel to Maine in 2019. ( This has been on my list since 2016. But I'll keep trying .)
- I aspire to build an even better bond with my dog Amber so we can improve our work at the masters level in agility. ( My knee injury kept us out of the ring for the last 6 months of 2018.)
- I aspire to go kayaking. (Once again my knee injury kept me from doing this last year.)
- I aspire to complete an online course in Genomics. (There just weren't enough hours in the day to get this done. I'm leaving this on the list though because I think this knowledge will only make me a better advocate.)
- I aspire to spend more time learning how to work with pastels. (I took an eight week art class and enjoyed the time I worked with the pastels.)
- I aspire to consistently attend yoga class. ( I dropped in on some classes in November and I felt calmer and more centered. )
- I aspire to step away from social media for a period of time each week and make connections in person - call or visit.
What do you aspire to do in 2019?
Every Day is a Blessing!