Friday, December 28, 2018

Year Eleven

Another year of blogging is in the books. I am blessed to be able to continue to advocate and share information about ovarian cancer via this blog. This year, we have witnessed the FDA approval of a PARP inhibitor as a maintenance drug for those with somatic and germline BRCA mutations. There were also a number of ideas for screening tests that may lead to an early diagnosis of ovarian cancer.  More work is needed but awareness of ovarian cancer has improved thanks to individuals, organizations and pharmaceutical companies.

In a quick review, I wrote thirty posts. I had hoped to do more but membership on the Scientific Review Board at Rutgers Cancer Institute of NJ (RCINJ) and prepping for twice a month meetings took time away from more frequent posting.  I find being a Board member to be very rewarding and I appreciate having the opportunity to take part. 

My husband and I also had a chance to travel to the western US to celebrate our anniversary.  Although I hurt my knee halfway through the trip, ( I am on the mend with the help of physical therapy) I was able to see some spectacular scenery.

I will leave you with these scenes and look forward to seeing you in  2019.









Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!

No comments: