Monday, January 1, 2018

Hello 2018! Changes and Challenges

On New Year's Day, it has become a bit of a tradition that I write a post about my aspirations for the year ahead.  It just so happens that today I am still thinking through my priorities and learning to use my FitBit, which I am sure will work into those aspirations, so I am going to save that post for later this week.

Instead, I am going to share with you some points made in a book I am reading. My friend, a Disney fan like I am, shared the book with me and I am enjoying reading it.  My Pride - Mastering Life's Daily Performance  is written by Alton Fitzgerald White. Alton White played Mufasa for over 4000 performances of Broadway's Lion King.

In the book, he tells the story of his life growing up and dealing with failure and success. He asks readers to challenge yourself to  :
  1. Keep Sight of Your Dreams
  2. Trust Your Instincts
  3. Be Responsible for your Actions  and Choices
  4. Develop Discipline and Define a Work Ethic
  5. Take Care of Yourself
  6. Foster a Sense of Spirituality
  7. Commit Yourself to Service
  8. Learn to Live with Rejection
  9. Understand Success
  10. Be In Business ( I would change this to Advocacy.) 
I think most folks, even if we aren't in show business, can benefit to think about these 10 items and how we can work them into our lives in the year ahead.

As we begin this New Year you will notice that I made a few design changes to this blog. I hope you like them.

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!

No comments: