Sunday, December 15, 2013

Enrichment

I was excited when my daughter and her family moved to California and began a new stage of their lives. My husband and I were happy to take an early Christmas trip to see them. Now you understand why I haven't posted in 14 days.

It didn't matter that the temperatures were cold outside, below freezing some mornings, because my husband and I were busy with our two grandsons. We playing games, colored, read books and created weird train track designs with John. Yes, the Thomas the Tank Engine collecting has begun. We feed Thomas, watched him roll over and laughed at his giggle.

We saw the graduate school my son-in-law attends, took a ride on 17 Mile Drive and enjoyed the delicious meals my daughter made. It is hard to put into words how thrilled I am to have the chance to spend time with my daughter and son-in-law and to watch my grandchildren grow. I  can remember times in 2005 when I didn't think I would make it to Christmas.

So except for a few tweets I didn't talk or think about cancer the entire time. I wasn't Dee the ovarian cancer advocate, I was simply Grandma. And that has done wonders to enrich and energize my life.


Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!


3 comments:

Renn said...

Yay for being "just" Grandma! Your trip sounds wonderful. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Dee said...

Thanks Renn
Happy Holidays to you too!

tccomments2013 said...

what a happy time, just to be "grandma", and enjoy getting to see your kids and grandkids new surroundings. I am so happy for you reveling and getting lost in the simple pleasures of ordinary family days, and the warmth of togetherness.

much love and light,

Karen, TC