So what are some things that cancer social workers do?
- Facilitate support groups
- Work with individuals and families from those newly diagnosed to those trying to find a new normal
- Provide helpful information and resources from transportation to financial resources to disease specific information
- Educate patients in how to reduce stress
- Clarify options and assist in various decisions facing cancer survivors during and after treatment
So thank a social worker this month, National Social Worker Month. They share our joy, help calm our nerves, help us figure out what to do next and have a box of tissues ready for those really tough times.
My thanks go out Julie, Barbara and Rose, at CINJ and to Ellen and Karen at the Cancer Support Community of Central NJ.
Every Day is a Blessing! The blessings of the social workers in my life are countless.