Sunday, April 10, 2011

Enough already

I have had enough of wearing black and crying and visiting funeral homes.

We had a wonderful celebration of Aunt Dora's life this past Monday and Tuesday. So many wonderful memories shared with so many family members and friends who came from near and far. But there have also been tears. Tears during the playing of "On Eagles Wings" . Why did I pick that song for the funeral mass? Tears when I saw a honey pot and spoon ( like the one I bought her) and again when I walked past the cookie mix we would make together. I admit crying in the grocery store was a bit embarrassing. There were more tears when I went back to her house for the first time and found a ceramic planter that my sister Bert made for her. I should have bought stock in Kimberly -Clark.

Then we learned this Friday night that my husband's godmother, Sylvia passed away after complications from kidney surgery. She was 90. She and her husband were such good friends to Nick's parents that for the longest time I thought they really were related. In lieu of flowers Ric and Sylvia's children wanted donations to St Jude's Sylvia's favorite charity. Just like Aunt Dora. Tears again. We drove down to Tom's River this afternoon for the wake and more tears. We won't be going to the funeral because I have a CT scan tomorrow. The same CT scan that I had to postpone from last week due to Aunt Dora's funeral. What is going on?

I really haven't had much time to be anxious or worried about the scan during the past week except for having to drink the drink tonight which is a new Berry flavored Read-i-cat.

I hope to be able to post a bit more this week with some good news and good CT results.

Dee
Every Day is a blessing!




1 comment: