Friday, October 29, 2010

People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.

I have put off writing this post because I couldn't seem to find the right words.

Denise joined the Gynecological Cancer Support Group at CINJ and quickly became a friend. On Tuesday, I received an e-mail from her daughter,Kofi. I never met Denise's daughter in person. But I felt I knew her from how warmly she spoke of her and the photos Denise shared of her when Kofi's daughter was born. It was not the e-mail I wanted to read. "On October 24, 2010 at 12:45, angels descended from heaven and brought my mother Denise home for her eternal rest. "

That line took my breath away. I kept thinking "No, not Denise too". Loosing friends to cancer is becoming more and more difficult for me to handle.

Today I thought of the essay that begins "People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. ". Denise came in to my life for a reason. There have been very few people these past few years who I could frankly speak to about faith in God and its impact on how we live as ovarian cancer survivors with the constant threat of a recurrence . Denise was one of those people. She knew scripture better than I did but she made me feel comfortable enough to easily share my feelings and thoughts about God, my faith and how the love of God can make this journey easier. As I looked back through e-mails I found one from March where I wrote to Denise- "I just knew He had you walk into my life for a reason. " Amen.

Thank you Denise for all your support. I will miss you.

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing ! Thank you God for the chance you gave me to grow in faith through my friendship with Denise.

No comments: