Saturday, February 9, 2008

Grandma is better & An ACOR friend passes

It has been a busy week. Grandma was taken to the hospital on Monday . Her low pulse necessitated pacemaker surgery. She finally was released on Friday and we brought her back to her assisted living facility. I am hoping that this will help her feel better. Thanks to Mike, John, Alycia and Kevin for there helpful advice regarding Grandma. 

A friend from the ACOR Ovarian Cancer listserv , Cindy Owens passed on Monday Feb 4th. I didn't learn about it until today. Cindy was funny , wore teal shoes and answered lots of my questions when I was first diagnosed. We also had a special connection because her son , Patrick , attends Virginia Tech. 
My aunt used to say bad news comes in threes. Emma, Holly, Cindy- I am ready for some good news now. 
LiveStrong!
Dee

1 comment:

OvarianCancerandUs said...

Hi Dee;
Thanks for mentioning Cindy's passing, such a loss for all of us. Best wishes for your Grandmother, as well.
Please know that photos are still welcome for the Montage and can be sent to me for uploading (.jpg format please) at: sandipn@sympatico.ca