Friday, December 30, 2022

15 Years !

 

It is hard for me to believe that here I am in 2022 writing a post celebrating 15 years as a blogger. I know this year I posted less than one quarter of what I posted in 2008, my first full year of blogging.  But I did post from two oncology meetings,  SGO, which I attended in person ,and ASCO which I attended virtually due to a case of vertigo. In other posts I shared research news, FDA drug approvals, a book review and two posts by guests. 

As I looked back on what I wrote about this year, I realized I completely forgot to share two endeavors that were very exciting for me.  

I was a co-author with other amazing advocates of an article in JCO Oncology Practice.   

The Rise of the Expert Patient in Cancer: From Backseat Passenger to Co-navigator https://ascopubs.org/doi/full/10.1200/OP.21.00763 

Please give it a read when you get a chance and see the expanded role advocates play in their care as well as in cancer policy and research.

Along with #gyncsm co-founder, Christina Lizaso,  researchers from Duke University and SMART Patients we had an article published in Gynecologic Oncology Reports. 
 
Understanding the needs and perspectives of ovarian cancer patients 
when considering PARP inhibitor maintenance therapy: Findings from two online community events

In this article we found women with ovarian cancer in online communities have educational needs regarding PARP inhibitors and they would likely benefit from educational tools.

I'll catch up with you in January for my aspirations for 2023.

Dee

Every Day is a blessing!

No comments: