Wednesday, June 8, 2022

News from ASCO 2022 - Part 1 Gyn Cancer/ Survivorship Posters

The last post I wrote I was very excited to be going to Chicago to attend #ASCO22 Annual meeting. I had to change those plans after I started experiencing vertigo. My PCP advised me to not fly. So I cancelled my hotel and flight and switched gears to attend the meeting virtually.  

The set up for the virtual meeting this year allowed some sessions to be viewed live and other sessions would be available to watch On Demand later for those virtual attendees. The tech was not cooperating with me on Friday, most of Saturday until late on Sunday. I appreciate all the time that ASCO staff and IT spend with me trying to resolve my issue. In the future I will not use " in my name. 

Because of that delay, I will report on the posters which I could access first and then the other sessions. 

POSTERS  Gyn Cancer Research 

Interesting process for dispersing chemotherapy in the abdomen of women with OC

How sensitive is rucaparib in women with OC who do not have homologous recombination deficiency

Next Generation Sequencing in OC

BRAF, PIK3R1, NOTCH3,MET, and/or ATR correlated with shorter PFS 
ATM, RB1, CDKN2A, FGFR1, and/or FGFR2 associated with improved PFS 

Clear Cell Genomic Analysis

KELIM  - Algorithm that is calculated with 6 to 7 CA-125 values measured during the first 100 days after chemotherapy start

Suggests that bevicizumab is mainly effective in patients w/ poorly chemosensitive diseases. Highest benefit from bevacizumab in PFS and OS were high-risk diseases (stage IV, or incompletely.

Possible  biomarker test for OC uses extracellular vesicles

Posters Survivorship

 1 Frailty, 2 Cooling Caps, 3 Yoga, 4 Acupuncture for Neuropathy

 

 

 Stay tuned over the next few days for additional information on gyn cancer specific sessions. 

Dee

Every Day is a Blessing!

No comments: