Thursday, July 29, 2021

A Different Kind of Sweet 16

In 2019, my sister sent me an old photo from my Sweet 16 party. It was a small party at my home with a few friends from high school. In the photo were Kathy, Karen, Patty, Ilene, Mindy and Debbie who were   fellow twirlers and classmates. Everyone in the photo was smiling. I remember it was a fun day. 


Today, July 29th, I celebrate another Sweet 16. 

On this day in 2005, I woke up from surgery to hear my gynecologic oncologist say " I am sorry Dee, you have stage three B ovarian cancer but I will do everything I can to make you well. " I am here writing this blog sixteen years later because of the treatments I received at the Rutgers Cancer Institute of NJ , the care provided by Dr Rodriguez, Dr Gibbon and their team, the support of my family and friends and my faith. 

Today I am thankful for these Sweet 16 years of life. 


Dee

Every Day is a Blessing!


No comments: