Saturday, June 8, 2019

#ASCO19 Opening Session - Focus on Patients

The theme of this year's ASCO Annual meeting was
Caring For Every Patient, Learning From Every Patient

This theme was exhibited in many sessions I attended and highlighted in the Opening Session starting with Dr Bertagnolli, in her President's Address.You may read her complete speech at
https://connection.asco.org/blogs/2019-presidential-address-caring-every-patient-learning-every-patient?cid=DM1990&bid=15208062

Dr Ang, a medical oncologist from Aukland, New Zealand spoke next.

Having read two books Dr Atul Gawande wrote,  I was thrilled to be able to hear him in person.

 As I heard these next words I thought of how it matched with what I would be saying later that afternoon in the Fireside Chat with Dr Dickson.


It was a privilege to speak at this year's ASCO meeting and Tweet from the meeting.
I was moved by the dedication of the over 40,000 health care providers -surgeons, oncologists, nurses, social workers, and researchers from around the globe who attended the meeting to learn how to improve cancer patient care. Thank you to each and every one of them.


Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!

No comments: