Monday, October 1, 2018

Raising Awareness with an Ocean View

Due to personal commitments and a knee injury it took me until the end of September before I could take part in an in-person event for Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. I have been taking part in Kaleidoscope of Hope Ovarian Cancer Foundation walks for almost 10 years now. Why do I choose these walks in particular? ( There are three KOH walks a year in NJ.) As a cancer research advocate I strongly support KOH foundation because it focuses on raising funds to find an early detection test and better treatments of ovarian cancer research.

This third KOH walk took place on the Boardwalk in Avon-by-the-Sea and continued into neighboring Belmar. It was a beautiful day for a walk. Although I didn't walk based on the advice of my physical therapist my husband registered and walked 5 miles.

It was wonderful meeting up with the ovarian cancer survivors I have gotten to know but at the same time it was bitter sweet as  I remembered Erika, Grace, Carole, Gail M., Lois, Shari, and Pam.

Enjoy these photos.
The beautiful Atlantic Ocean.
President Lynn welcoming the walkers
Symptom signs were found on the beach.

A bagpipe group leads the returning walkers


One of many signs.

Passing of the torch from Ovarian to Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Dee 
Every Day is a Blessing!



No comments: