Here are some highlights from the survey:
- 53% of the women said their diagnosis had a severe or very severe impact on their lives.
- 87% of the women who had experienced a recurrence said the thought of cancer returning was overwhelming
- 34% of the health care providers were unsure if or did not feel that they give their ovarian cancer patients all the information they need about Ovarian Cancer
Most interesting to me was the survey results when it came to communication.
- 91% of health care providers said they discuss expectations of treatment often or at every visit while 40% of the patients reported they had the discussion.
- 69% of health care providers said they discussed recurrence often or at every visit while 38% of the patients said they discussed recurrence often or at every visit.
It appears that we have a ways to go to make sure patients have the information and support we need, when we need it most.
You may find additional information on the website https://www.ourwayforward-oc.com/
Every Day is a Blessing! Thank you TESARO for researching the needs of the ovarian cancer community.