Monday, February 20, 2012

Link Up: 10 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Me

My friend who writes the blog Rambling Follower invited me to participate in this Link-Up. So now that things have settled down at home here are 10 things you might not know about me.

  1. If need be, I can replace the float, flapper and handle on a toilet tank and I know how to solder. I spent many days off from school and during the summer tagging along with my Dad who was a plumber.
  2. I can twirl fire. Well, maybe not anymore, but I did in high school for the Thanksgiving Day football game my senior year.
  3. I was in the Rifle Club in high school. We used to practice at the police shooting range. Ask my kids how much fun we had at the Shooting gallery at Disney.
  4. When I was in high school I dreamed of being an astronaut and loved reading science fiction.
  5. My high school guidance counselor told me I didn't really want to be an engineer. I proved her wrong. I graduated in the second class of women to ever graduate from Rutgers College. I have an undergrad degree in Chemical Engineering and a graduate degree in Material Science from the College of Engineering.
  6. I was a coxswain for the lightweight men's crew team in college. In four years I was thrown into many lakes and rivers including Lake Carnegie, Lake Cayuga, the Housatonic, the Schuylkill, & the Raritan.
  7. I have two US patents for packaging. ( # 4,775,523 & # 4,590,065).
  8. I call tomato sauce "gravy" and find nothing more comforting than gravy and meatballs on Sunday.
  9. I enjoy traveling and I hope to visit all 50 states. I have 17 more to go.
  10. I collect bells. They run the gamut from silver Christmas bells, to glass blown to brass bells.
If you are one of my blogger friends feel free to write your own list and leave a comment so I can read more about you.

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!





2 comments:

Allison said...

Dee! Wow! Dont mess with the sweet church lady! I am so impressed by your many accomplishments and they all came as a surprise - not that you don't seem accomplished but just that I was unaware of the specifics. Thanks!

Obsessedwithlife said...

Very cool :). I'm also aiming to hit all 50 states...