Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Monday, February 27, 2012
- Reliving the cancer experience in nightmares or flashbacks and by continuously thinking about it.
- Avoiding places, events, and people connected to the cancer experience.
- Being continuously overexcited, fearful, irritable, and unable to sleep.
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Embrace Hope Luncheon
A Luncheon to Support Cancer Support Community Central NJ
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at Hamilton Farm Golf Club
Featuring Motivational Speaker
Deborah Morosini, MD
sister/sister-in-law of the late
Dana & Christopher Reeve
Event Cost: $100 per person (includes lunch and valet parking)
|For tickets and more information|
Friday, February 24, 2012
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Ready for a fun way to raise funds for ovarian cancer research. Then join me on May 6, 2012 at the Teal Tea in Princeton, NJ. Wait till you see what table decorations I have planned for this year.
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Monday, February 20, 2012
- If need be, I can replace the float, flapper and handle on a toilet tank and I know how to solder. I spent many days off from school and during the summer tagging along with my Dad who was a plumber.
- I can twirl fire. Well, maybe not anymore, but I did in high school for the Thanksgiving Day football game my senior year.
- I was in the Rifle Club in high school. We used to practice at the police shooting range. Ask my kids how much fun we had at the Shooting gallery at Disney.
- When I was in high school I dreamed of being an astronaut and loved reading science fiction.
- My high school guidance counselor told me I didn't really want to be an engineer. I proved her wrong. I graduated in the second class of women to ever graduate from Rutgers College. I have an undergrad degree in Chemical Engineering and a graduate degree in Material Science from the College of Engineering.
- I was a coxswain for the lightweight men's crew team in college. In four years I was thrown into many lakes and rivers including Lake Carnegie, Lake Cayuga, the Housatonic, the Schuylkill, & the Raritan.
- I have two US patents for packaging. ( # 4,775,523 & # 4,590,065).
- I call tomato sauce "gravy" and find nothing more comforting than gravy and meatballs on Sunday.
- I enjoy traveling and I hope to visit all 50 states. I have 17 more to go.
- I collect bells. They run the gamut from silver Christmas bells, to glass blown to brass bells.
Saturday, February 18, 2012
Monday, February 13, 2012
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
- CSC Central New Jersey, Bedminster ( formerly known at the Wellness Community)
- CSC Northern Jersey Shore , Eatontown
- Gilda's Club Northern NJ, Hackensack
- Gildas Club South Jersey, Linwood
Saturday, February 4, 2012
Friday, February 3, 2012
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
In July of 2005, I heard the words “ You have Stage 3 ovarian cancer”. My gynecologic- oncologist at the Cancer Institute of New Jersey ( CINJ) told me that I should not look at the survival statistics for ovarian cancer because statistics are just that statistics not individuals. Then she told me she would do her best to make me well.
Well, here we are in 2012 almost seven years later and the doctors at CINJ have made me well not just in 2005 but again in 2008. Currently, I am disease free. I am certain that taking part in the CINJ clinical trial lead by Dr. Lorna Rodriguez and the outstanding treatment and follow-up care by Dr. Darlene Gibbon has made the good health I experience today possible.
In the past I have asked you to donate to other organizations in support of ovarian cancer awareness and research. This year during the month of February, Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month in New Jersey, I am asking you to directly support the ovarian cancer research that is taking place at CINJ by donating to the Cancer Institute of NJ Foundation through my personal fundraising campaign. I hope to raise $5000 so the doctors and scientists can continue their research to better understand ovarian cancer, develop new treatments and find a cure .
As a special thank-you, I will mail a note card of my painting called “Hope” to the first forty-five donors. You can see a photo of the note card on my donor page at
http://cinjfoundation.donordrive.com/event/deesparacio/ . If you prefer you may also go to that page and print out a form and mail in your donation.
Thank you in advance for your donation.
PS- The relative five year survival rate for late stage ovarian cancer is 30%. )